As a volunteer for Family Scholar House, your support through activities like speed mentoring, tutoring or childcare help give single-parents the support they need to pursue higher education. It is our hope that through education and your support, we can effectively help them break the cycle of poverty for their children and future generations.
- Participate in Speed Mentoring
- Assist during our Cafe Nights
- Childcare Volunteers Welcome
- Volunteer in the intake office
- Organize Donation Drive
Contact Kate Brackett atDue to participants schedules, we have volunteer opportunities during normal business hours and during the evenings.
Make a Donation
To make a monetary contribution, use our PayPal donation account by clicking on the “Donate” button below.
Did you know that for only $29.03 per month you can make it possible for a pre-residential family waiting to live at Family Scholar House to have the support services they need to be college-ready and remain hopeful. Sign up today to being a Friend for Families.
For only $88.76 per month you can become an Advocate for Families and provide the funding needed for programs that promote health, wellness, self-esteem and family bonding.
Our residential families need Champions. For a monthly commitment of $199.58, you can provide all of the vital academic and family services necessary for a residential family to excel in the classroom and succeed in life. Through your gift, student parents and their children receive comprehensive services and programs that build character, promote healthy living, support career goals and develop life skills. Please consider being a Champion for Families.
To sponsor a family and become a Friend for Families or a Champion for Families please choose the giving level in the drop-down box and click “Subscribe.” Your commitment to our families is an investment in their success.
Or, you can download a contribution form. Family Scholar House is a nonprofit [501(c)(3)] organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Participant Needs include:
Donations come in many forms. Our programs and families are in need of both financial and material support.
We are also in need of household and life supplies.
Our wish list includes:
- Bandaids, neosporin,bug spray and sunscreen
- School Supplies for our scholars of all ages
- Paper Products – toilet paper, paper towels, and boxed tissues.
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Children’s Hygiene Supplies – Diapers (particularly sizes 3,4,& 5), pull-ups, wipes, and hand sanitizer
- Laundry Supplies – Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Gently used household furniture and decorative furnishings that makes apartments feel like home
- Educational Items
Send or bring contributions to:
Family Scholar House
403 Reg Smith Circle
Louisville, KY 40208