As a volunteer for Family Scholar House, your support through activities like speed mentoring, tutoring or childcare help give single-parents the support they need to pursue higher education. It is our hope that through education and your support, we can effectively help them break the cycle of poverty for their children and future generations.
- Participate in Speed Mentoring
- Assist during our Cafe Nights
- Childcare Volunteers Welcome
- Volunteer in the intake office
- Organize Donation Drive
Make a Donation
To make a monetary contribution, use our PayPal donation account by clicking on the “Donate” button below.
$29.03 per month YOU can become a Friend for Families and provide support services a pre-residential family needs to be college- ready while waiting to live at Family Scholar House.
$88.76 per month you can become an Advocate for Families and provide the funding needed for programs that promote health, wellness, self-esteem and family bonding.
$199.58, you can become a Champion for Families and provide all of the vital academic and family services necessary for a residential family to excel in the classroom and succeed in life.
|Friends, Advocates & Champions:|
To sponsor a family – Please choose the giving level in the drop-down box and click “Subscribe.” Your commitment to our families is an investment in their success.
Or, you can download a contribution form. Family Scholar House is a nonprofit [501(c)(3)] organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Participant Needs include:
Donations come in many forms. Our programs and families are in need of both financial and material support.
Our wish list includes:
- Bandaids, neosporin,bug spray and sunscreen
- School Supplies for our scholars of all ages
- Paper Products – toilet paper, paper towels, and boxed tissues.
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Children’s Hygiene Supplies – Diapers (particularly sizes 3,4,& 5), pull-ups, wipes, and hand sanitizer
- Laundry Supplies – Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Gently used household furniture and decorative furnishings that makes apartments feel like home
- Educational Items
Send or bring contributions to:
Family Scholar House
403 Reg Smith Circle
Louisville, KY 40208